Wednesday, April 30, 2014

God's protection and My memories..

Today I was reminded of a miracle.  Two years ago, my oldest son had an abdominal aneurysm that almost cost him his life.  As I looked over the medical records, I was amazed that he came through such a traumatic experience.  I did not even realize at that moment that his life was hanging on the edge.  I'm glad that I did not know.

It was during those days in the ICU and hospital, that he turned 21 years old.  It was also during those days that I really got to know the young lady God had chosen for him.  They had only been dating a few months and we knew she was special. But during that week, she became a part of our family.    I was there, but he needed her.  She was the one who cheered (literally) him on the road to recovery.  It was a strange feeling to walk out of ICU that first night.  He wanted her to stay.  I remember him saying "Mom, you can stay if you want."  I knew he said that just for me.  He didn't need me to stay.  Although she didn't know it at the time, it was hard for me to walk out that night.  I knew my job was complete.

I'm so thankful for that day.  The day God saved my son's life.  God used that time to teach me that I can't control everything.  Somethings are out of my reach.  As hard as it is to let my mind retrace those days, I must.  For in those memories lie the blessings of a second chance.


I am grateful that today in the middle of a very hectic day at school, God stopped my mind long enough to remind me that He is in control, I am not, and that He is very near. 



1 comment: