Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Donors Choose

Recently I was introduced to a fantastic website called http://www.donorschoose.org/.  I must admit I was quite skeptical at the idea of having a list of "needs" met by a complete stranger.  I went ahead and created a project, in hopes of catching someone's eye, and getting some much needed supplies.  My project can be viewed here http://www.donorschoose.org/dphilliber?historical=true .  Last month, after having my project up, I received an email saying it was fully funded!  I am still in shock!  I did quite a bit of research on the family that funded my project and found out it was in memory of their daughter, who had died last year in a tragic accident.  This was quite touching and amazing to me!  

I can't wait to receive my supplies when I return to school.  I wanted to tell you about this to encourage you to look at this site, and complete a project list.  It is really possible to get something funded for your students.  I am estatic!  I will keep you posted as I work on another project to get IPADs in my 1st grade classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment